Central Maine Power kills me. Today’s appointment was at 10:30 am. Review the site, discuss options for getting power, etc. We’d like to get a sense as to the financial commitment involved in getting electricity to the site before our due diligence period comes to an end. So Debbie and our realtor took the morning off in order to meet with CMP.
And waited. And waited some more.
45 minutes later when Debbie calls them — “Oh, that was scheduled for today? How about next Thursday instead.”
Needless to say, we’re not happy campers, especially given the email that came a couple of hours later from our realtor :
“According to the extension signed we have till tomorrow Aug.31 st for CMP due diligence inspection. After that you lose your chance to back out of the contract due to cost of electricity specifically.
Do you want to request another signed extension for CMP from the buyers until after next Thursday?
The last contingency will be the appraisal on Sept 12. Under the contingency clause in the contract the appraisal must be satisfactory to the buyer.
Let me know what you would like to do.”